P880 AE with red dot flashing

Started Jan 6, 2007 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
buddywoods Forum Member • Posts: 74
P880 AE with red dot flashing

I bought a P880 camera a few days ago and have a question about close-up pictures. On the mode dial there is the flower and I do see how to change it from close-up to super close-up pictures. It looks like I can’t use the flash when I am in this mode? When I try to take a picture in this mode I almost always get an AE with a red dot flashing and I will be within the inches shown in the manual. At the bottom it will show in red an f2.8 and 0.5”.

I noticed when I have the mode dial set to auto I can press the focus button and there is a Macro AF with a flower. With this macro it looks like I can use a flash. If I have the flash open it looks like I don’t get the AE flashing red dot as much. The manual says it’s best not to use the flash on close-up pictures but if I don’t use the flash I almost always get an AE with the flashing red dot. Which one is better to use, the mode dial on the flower or the mode dial on auto and set it to macro with the focus button? What is the best way to take close-up pictures without a flash and not get the AE with the flashing dot? Maybe there is something wrong with my camera?

Thanks,
Buddy

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow