2 Important K10 Issues that need to be settled for good!! (Please read!)

Started Jan 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
Brett St Pierre
Brett St Pierre Veteran Member • Posts: 7,033
Re: Sinan, Brett

JeffJS wrote:

Brett, Yes, I'm aware that contrast is required for AF to work
reliably. Your description though Might serve to explain why it is
that the kit lens (f3.5) and the Tamron Di 70-300 rarely fail. That
is, if I understand what you're saying correctly.

Yes, you are understanding me correctly then but my proposal is still speculation that gets debated here as I said. On the other hand, a night bright viewfinder from a fast lens with small DOF is a better way to manually focus!

With your dog shot, I can see the difficulty of any AF system ton handle that but as you say, there are ways to handle it.

Failing all that, I've
already earmarked my camera allowance for a KatzEye screen so I can
manually focus the way I'm use to doing it. Split prism.

I am using the KatzEye with split image/micro-prism collar out of my *istD. I took the first 800 photos with the K10D with the standard screen and now I will take a few hundred with this to test the metering issues that may come of it (we have done some fairly testing with KatzEyes before in the *istD). I do like the split image as for MF and as focus confirmation in AF but am unsure whether I will spend another US$150 (with grid lines) on another screen designed for the K10D if I am satisfied the old screen will work for me. Watch this space....

-- hide signature --

Brett
http://www.pbase.com/shreder

The Journey is the Thing

Brett St Pierre's gear list:Brett St Pierre's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow