2 Important K10 Issues that need to be settled for good!! (Please read!)

Started Jan 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
rennie12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,844
Sinan - I made a mistake in my earlier post -

The LTD 77 is indeed the only lens I use in incandescent light. However, I had completely forgotten that I did encounter severe SR and focusing problems when the battery went way down. The battery lasted so long that I simply forgot that it hadn't been charged, and it actually stopped working altogether shortly after I was puzzling over the SR problems focusing problems.

I concluded that this was normal when the battery was low and resolved to get a second battery and simply not ever work with the battery below about 250 shots.

I put this out of my mind after making this decision, and didn't think about it when I made my earlier post about no focusing problems and in incandescent light.

I certainly have had none since resolving not to work with a low battery.

This is a minor nuisance but I'm afraid that if one is going to use the K10D with all the other great features plus the inexpensive stabilized lenses there are just some feature peculiarities that one is going to have to accept as the price of saving money.

I love the K10D BUT if I had $1 million to spend on my photographic equipment I would have no hesitation about switching to Canon -- the sensors are the best in the world and their lens selection is, I feel, the best. The one exception is that of course they have no stabilized fast primes.
--
bill wilson

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow