2 Important K10 Issues that need to be settled for good!! (Please read!)

Started Jan 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
OP SFT007 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,912
Re: Well Hot Damn! I will eat my words :)

I would say thats a very fair assestment - the AF performance seems to go down quite rapidly actually and I woudlnt be surprised if your figures are dead on!

Ive already taken like a few hundred test shots since I charged the battery and already I can see the AF starting to be more hit and miss! It was very sure when I first took it out the charger with the battery full but now its not as good and I bet if I take another 100 shots it is going to keep on getting worse. Its interesting though that it affects it in indoor lighting - shouldnt this in theory also affect it in good outdoor lighting too? I am going to throw my battery in the charger again now and leave it overnight and after I get back from work tomorrow see again how it does with the full charge - I think this theoruy may be correct though - up to around 300 shots and then from there it starts to be hit and miss and then by the end of the life completelly miss! I wonder if it starts missing if the battery is almost dead in daylight too? I havent tested this.

paulkienitz wrote:

There'd been speculation before that the poor AF performance in
lower light might be happening when the batteries are low... and
now you've nailed it down. That's good to know. We've also heard
that the SR gets weak when the battery is low. So I guess the
battery life statement should say, like, "300 shots with full
performance, 400 more shots with reduced performance".

-- hide signature --

Sinan

SFT007's gear list:SFT007's gear list
Sony a7 IV Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 DG DN +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow