2 Important K10 Issues that need to be settled for good!! (Please read!)

Started Jan 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
JeffJS Senior Member • Posts: 2,886
Re: Hold on that Ketchup until

I may not have explained it as clearly as I could have.. When the lens focuses, it focuses just fine. In fact, they all do. I've not noticed any front or back focus issues with any of them. Either they are dead on, or I can't figure out what spec of dust in the air they chose to focus on. Because when the autofocus photos are out of focus, they are WAAAAAY out of focus. Not just a little bit but focused at infinity on a closup subject. It seems to happen more with the FA50 than the rest. It may be because that's the one I paid the most for. This is only in certain conditions however, dark indoor room, as stated previously. I haven't had a lot of chance to try it outside. With respect to the exposure, I actually prefer a little underexposure. Coming into DSLR from B&W film, expose for shadows, process for highlights.

I will freely admit that I'm still learning how to use this new medium (to me) called DSLR and many of my problems could be user error. In my mind, I'm sometimes the first to accuse (though I rarely put it into writing) someone of blaming the equipment rather than the operator when problems pop up with our beloved Pentax gear. No, I don't think there's anything wrong with my copy, I'm probably expecting too much from it. Quickly Autofocus on my black lab in a dark room for instance. Like I said, Some situations......
--
http://photobucket.com/albums/v285/jjmel
Still happy with the K10d (in spite of the pixel peepers)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow