2 Important K10 Issues that need to be settled for good!! (Please read!)

Started Jan 5, 2007 | Discussions thread
JeffJS Senior Member • Posts: 2,886
Hold on that Ketchup until

you get a little more exposure with that FA 50 1.4.. Being one of the first lenses I purchased after deciding to go Pentax Dslr (see sig for which one), I was very anxious to try it out. I've noticed several situations, particularly dark room lighting, where this lens Hunts A LOT for a focal point. Sometimes gets it right, sometimes not. I doubt it's the camera because the Kit lens, that's right, the 18-55 slow, cheap, kit lens nails it almost everytime. The Tamron 70-300 Di also nails it almost everytime. Not only that but the exposure is right with the kit lens. I'm not knocking the FA 50 per say, but for what it cost, I did expect better from it. I've noticed too that it seems to consistantly underexpose by a full stop, full battery or not. That's using autoexposure modes, viewing the histogram after the photo is taken. Again, this isn't really to knock the lens because I do get nice results from it, but I can match or better the performance with my SMC-M 50 f1.4. I'd gladly trade the FA 50 1.4 and some change for a nice SMC-M 50 f1.2.
--
http://photobucket.com/albums/v285/jjmel
Still happy with the K10d (in spite of the pixel peepers)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow