Nikon D40 Review is up !!!

Started Dec 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
drwho9437 Senior Member • Posts: 2,003
If I were a Pentax person it would be the K100D I'd be talking about

Not complaining about the K10D. Only in that the mention of "bargain" in the D40, while the K100D is just the camera the pentax should have made years ago. They both look like really nice cameras for the entry level.

Its a fine review. Nikon's choices are interesting here. I'm all in favor of anything that erodes Canon (my camera company to date AE-1P, A-1, 300D, 400D) market share. Good competition makes for better cameras for me. I hope the they fix the grip next time so that I don't have to trade in all my lenses and switch.

For now, that all the review chips have fallen, I think I'm ok with my selection. Though I wish I knew if it was SR in body that is marginally effective on the Pentax/Sony or if it is IS in general. I respect phill's tests but I wonder how different lens IS is to body IS. I've only had IS in my Panasonic to date and there it seems more helpful than the SR reviews would indicate.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbryce/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
Dan
Aby
Aby
Aby
Aby
Aby
Aby
Dan
GLP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow