Nikon D40 Review is up !!!

Started Dec 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
Dave Lewis Forum Pro • Posts: 10,425
Re: Pentax forum will have a stroke!

I don't know if those numbers are consciously relative or not. The K10D, according to Phil, has image sharpening issues. He found no issues beyond hardware design ones in the D40. I think any of us who have tried the D40 and have read the review and have worked with any of its images will consider it to be at the top of its class, probably tied with the Pentax K100D. I own several Pentaxes and am about to buy a D40 and can see the similarities, though the Nikon seems a slicker camera to me. The images are well processed without being obtrusive. The speed and quietness and fine handling and comfort in spite of its small size is obviously quite outstanding.

Great cameras come along some time. I think the D40 is a great camera. It reminds me of the Canon D30, the first really afordable and viable DSLR. The Canon 1D, probably the most outstanding professional level camera in its time. The Pentax K100D, the ultimate example of an incrimental line of tiny trend setting cameras. The Nikon D1 the first pro DSLR to be an affordable alternative for journalistic pros coming from a legacy of Nikon film SLR's. I could go on and on, but I think in a couple years, we will look back and mark the D40 as an ultimate example of its kind.

I should make the purchase tomorrow, but really have no reason not to wait for its price to come down a bit. I have plenty of equipment to keep me excited while I wait.
--
Dave Lewis

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
Dan
Aby
Aby
Aby
Aby
Aby
Aby
Dan
GLP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow