RAW vs White balance

Started Nov 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
edhannon
edhannon Senior Member • Posts: 1,761
Re: RAW vs White balance

I wrote a Quick Basic for Applications (QBA) module in Excel that is modeled on the Java program above.

My initial purpose was to have a histogram program that would work with the *istD file format.

Once I had it working I decided to add the capability to generate a tone curve from a sequence of white wall images. Actually they are a series of images of a sheet of 13x19 Expson matte printer paper. What I plot is the median value of each image. The values are in assending order by EV calulated from the F-stop and exposure.

I did one series with WB set to tungsten and one series with WB set to dayight. Both were illuminated by tungsten light. However, the sun had started to rise during the second series so the light is a little different for that one

I am quite pleased with how smooth the curves are and how little variation there is between each set of images.

I had hoped to do two series in bright dayllight today - but the Honey Do list was too long.
--
Ed Hannon
http://www.pbase.com/edhannon

edhannon's gear list:edhannon's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
w
w
w
ddd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow