To anyone who chose between Canon 400D vs Nikno D80...

Started Nov 24, 2006 | Discussions thread
arnold2002 Regular Member • Posts: 151
Re: My opinion

I was in the same position as you - agonising over the XTI/D80 decision. I was all set to get the 400D and then I made the mistage of picking up the Nikon and looking through the viewfinder ! The D80 fitted my hand much much better than the XTi (make sure you try the XTi with a heavy lens, not just the light kit lens - for me it was just too difficult to hold). Then of course the viewfinder is just sweet.

Since owning it for the last few months I still love it. Once I get started I can't put it down !

The most pleasant surprise has been the flash system. I didn't actually realise that you can control a remote flash from the main flash (it uses very very short pulses of light to control the other flash). I've used this many times now to great effect.

The AutoISO feature is also really useful in low light as you can set a minimum shutter speed and it will adjust the ISO automatically - so you always have the optimal ISO.
Anyway, for me, the extra features more than justify the higher price.

Hope that helps and I hope I don't get flamed for posting here !!! (yes, I'm still curious about people's experiences with the XTi so I poke my head in this forum from time to time to see what's going on).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
DAN
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow