How many lenses for do YOU own?

Started Nov 14, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bughunter
bughunter Senior Member • Posts: 2,848
How many lenses for do YOU own?

Hi,

Speaking strictly about lenses for use with your current digital Canon body, how many lenses do you own? Do they get used and what for? Are you a collector? Here's my break down:

I own 9 lenses for use with my 20D. With the exception of the Quantaray they are all used often:

Quantaray 70-300mm f4-5.6 - not used

MP e-65mm - extreme macro of bugs, flowers and now abstracts
(see abstracts: http://www.pbase.com/iangreyphotography/abstracts )

Sigma 180mm macro - bugs, flowers, product photography, hummingbirds, etc. My most versatile lens.

Sigma 20mm f1.8 - Part of my low light kit, also does some interesting close up work

50mm f/1.8 - Is it a sin that I like this lens so much? Part of my low light kit and a great fl

85mm f/1.8 - Basketball basketball basketball. Low light kit.

135mm f/2 - Volleyball, basketball, night games, etc. Low light kit.

28-135 IS - close up work with flowers and my wife's bead sets. Good all around walk around lens for me

Sigma 100-300 f/4 - field sports

My Sigma 180mm and 100-300 f/4 get the most use, while I'm still finding out if the 20mm is going to fit in with my kit. So tell us all about your digital Canon body specific lenses. How do you use them and how often?

Ian

-- hide signature --

bughunter
Pbase supporter
http://www.pbase.com/iangreyphotography

Gear in profile

'The will to disbelieve is the strongest deterrent to wider horizons.' -Hans Holzer
'It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.' -Sheryl Crow

bughunter's gear list:bughunter's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jgb
Roy
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow