WT-3 experience with Macs
Just got hold of a WT-3 for my D200. A few points of feedback; firstly Nikon reps reckoned on 10% battery drop from going WiFi - I reckon 50% is my experience, Secondly the FTP upload speeds are like treacle - I've only tried uploading to a remote FTP site as I may as well use a USB 2.0 connector if the Mac is nearby, Thirdly the set up for apple airport express is not a good experience - I was forced to drop my whole apartment wireless mesh and rebuild with lower sercurity levels to get the thing to work (and boy was that a pain).
So in conclusion - I'm looking forward to a firmware update to get the transfer speeds up.
The thought of trying to get my T-mobile hotzone going is even more scary.
Perhaps I'll put together a techie guide to connecting - certainly makes Apple seem trivial.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%