How many lenses do you have...?

Started Oct 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Forrest Forum Pro • Posts: 14,666
How many lenses do you have...?

A friend of mine is drooling over my 5D, and thinking about getting a Rebel, a 17-55 IS, and starting his kit. I told him I'd be happy to let him borrow certain of my lenses when I'm not using them. He's considering to get a compact digital camera instead, because even though it's a compromise, an SLR body costs about as much as an all-in-one camera.

This got me thinking ... what is a complete SLR kit? Out of curiosity, how many lenses do you have, and what do you do with them? Are there any in your kit you could get by without? I'm going to point my friend to this poll, but I'm also curious, since my kit probably doesn't look much line anyone else's.

So, I'll go first: Sigma 15-30 EX, Canon 50/1.4, 135/2, and 300/4 IS. I rarely use the 50 any more, and haven't actually shot anything through the 300 in a while, but I tend to bring it with me on candid child portrait shoots.

I used to have a 16-35L, too, but it broke, and then got stolen before I could have it fixed:

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
vor
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow