Epson 4800 is garbage!!! Beware 3800 potential owners!

Started Oct 18, 2006 | Discussions thread
adydula Senior Member • Posts: 1,260
Re: Epson 4800 is garbage!!! Beware 3800 potential owners!

My 4800 is over a year and a half old and has never caused me any issues that I can really complain about...it just keeps printing our beautiful prints time and again.

I dont see the clogs that some see, they do happen, maybe two in the last year. Solved by a nozzle check and 3-5 ml of ink. Its a

I perform a nozzle check each and every time I begin a print cycle.

I print in batches and it sits there powered on for days on end without printing...

I would NOT hesitate to buy the 4800 again in a heartbeat.....its that good for print output....and many have atested to that....both pro and amateur.

The only real complaint I have it the cost of switching the black inks, this is a real sore spot with me...but I like the Glossy papers and use other printers to do the matte / fine art stuff...so its not a real issue any more.

If the 3800 was out last year I would have most likely bought it, but maybe not due to the ink costs being less with the 220 ml carts... and no roll feed....

The roll feed is not a big deal for me either, its a pain to deal with roll paper and especially at the end of the roll!!! Nice curls..and the price is not that much of a difference between sheets and roll paper...check it out at inkjetart.com and atlex.com..

I would NOT hesitate to buy a 3800, not in the least....I am sure it will work as well as the 4800 for print quality or even better depending on how this new Epson print algorithm will work.

There are lots of very happy 4800 users out there and a few that are not, its like this with most printers as well..

A.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EJS
EJS
EJS
EJS
EJS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow