Epson 4800 is garbage!!! Beware 3800 potential owners!

Started Oct 18, 2006 | Discussions thread
Matt in FL Veteran Member • Posts: 5,305
To be brief.. I own the 800/1800/2400....
-- hide signature --

NO complaints in any regard.. Wanted a cheap epson for text and draft proofs on ds matte using a plain paper setting.

The 260 profiled very well and delivers amazing detail...BUT it seems to be programmed to do a lot of charging, as in first thing in the am with a new job, not having been turned off...The rate at which the carts drop is alarming. Is this some sort of new Epson strategy... So I go out last night and get a C88+. use it yesterday, enjoy the use only black button that is missing from the 260, and let it sit all night. The first job this am was to print some checks... NO charging cycle. Just printed, like the good old days... I think Epson may be outsmarting themselves with the firmware operations that seem to throw ink away..

I was looking to get a the new 3?00.. Will wait a long time now for user reports as to how that one is programmed to slurp ink before I tire of the 1800/2400, which do excellent work and I feel are reasonable consumers of ink.

MATTinNE_FL

Matt in FL's gear list:Matt in FL's gear list
DxO One
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EJS
EJS
EJS
EJS
EJS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow