Would you take 1D2 to Rome??

Started Oct 2, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jdee Regular Member • Posts: 169
Would you take 1D2 to Rome??

I'm traveling to Italy at the end of this week; stopping in Rome, Florence and Venice. I've never been out of the US so I really don't know what to expect at all. Anyway, my main camera is a 1D2 with a 17-40 and 24-105 and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to lug all that around Italy, especially because of how big, heavy, and attention grabbing the camera is. I've also heard a ton of "pick pocket" stories from people about Rome and I don't feel like getting the thing stolen.

I also have a Digital Rebel that I could take, but I lose a lot of the wide angle on the 17-40 and obviously the camera is not nearly as enjoyable to use. So, I just wanted to know if anyone else has carried a 1D around as a tourist and if they felt comfortable doing so or if I'd be better off just losing a bit of the wide angle and taking the Rebel.

Also, as I mentioned, I've never been to Italy, or anywhere else really, so if any of you have any travel tips or recommendations on what to check out, that would be great!

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow