Who here would NOT purchase the 400D, and Why?

Started Sep 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 14,140
I found the XTi attractive compared to the D80

I just compared the XTi and D80 yesterday. Yes the D80 does seem a little more solid and definately has a better viewfinder, no contest there. I was surprised with navigating the menus on the D80 as it seemed very sluggish and laborious compared to the XTi although some of this is probably because I'm familiar with Canon's protocol. I also did not like the sound of the shutter and mirror on the D80. IMO the XTi's shutter and mirror sound quicker and more precise.

I am considering the XTi as a bridge until the 30D replacement is announced at which time the XTi will become my back-up body. I now have a 10D which I've wanted to upgrade for the past year but have not found the motivation in Canon's offerings until now. Considered the 5D but not pleased with lens aberations at the edges of the frame even with my L lenses. Happy that is behind me now that 35mm film is dead and don't want to go back!

rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
RC
MOD imqqmi
thw
jgb
fad
MT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow