What's wrong with my 20D?

Started Sep 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
Eirik Regular Member • Posts: 202
Re: What's wrong with my 20D?

Hia Tim,

I can see you get some good and very bad comment's in your post here. I haven't read all of them so this might have been said already.

When you want to take a picture like the once you have here there is a few thing you have to remember. The light meter will often get fooled so try to find the scenes mid tone and set the exposure by those reading. Get a neutral grad filter to even out the difference between the bright sky and the rather dull ground. And use manual exposure and partial metering. Using RAW is the best way to get a good picture as well because you can adjust the white balance and set the white and black-point in your pictures before you convert them to tiff or jpg and you will get pictures full of pop and blue sky :).

I have no clue how much you know about photography, but see if you can find a good book about exposure and light so you can learn more about finding the mid tone in a picture. I'm on a rather tough photography home study course and have learned a lot about exposure and mid tones and my pictures hardly need any pp any more.

I hope this was at least a little bit helpful for you :).
--
Eirik
http://eirik.notjustanothersite.co.uk
Aberdeen, Scotland

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow