What's wrong with my 20D?

Started Sep 22, 2006 | Discussions thread
Alvin Nunley Veteran Member • Posts: 4,305
I have the 10D....................

And I had the same problem as you. I was ready to return it. I also saw a lot of pictures here on dpreview with the same problem. And trust me, my pictures looked just like yours. Photoshop took care of a lot of my problems, but not all of them.

What to do? I'm no expert, that's for sure. I changed to raw, I changed to manual. I purchased PS. Then PS CS2. Then to RSP. I now use both.

I have come to the conclusion that the camera will not blow a highlight, thus the under exposure. It's a nice camera, but it's not as smart as me. Now, I will set the exposure, I will let the camera set the white balance. (Most of the time it gets it right.) Still, there are times I have to change it in PP.

With film, I never had this problem, but film had no idea about WB or anything else. What you need to understand is this, this camera is really smart. It makes mistakes, for sure, but that's where you come in.

After all my trial and errors, my pictures come out, for the most part, pretty good. I guess, after reading the posts here, I must have just absorbed what I needed to know.

Alvin Nunley's gear list:Alvin Nunley's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX520
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow