D80 Feel: Questions

Started Sep 20, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dirtee1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,918
D80 Feel: Questions

Alrite seeing as how the D80 will not arrive in my area (australia) for the next week or two, I'd like to ask D80 owners what they think about the feel. It would be especially helpful if you could compare it with its predecessors the D50 and D70.

From photos and specs I can almost tell the it will be identical to the D50 both in shape, heft and sturdiness. Yet some have indicated that it feels more well built than the D50 and in some cases even the D70. To me the D70 feels like a tank of a plastic camera, it's almost unbelievable for me than the D80, which is smaller and seems to be based on the D50 (which felt less sturdy IMO).

Feedback in all aspects is welcome eg. density, percieved toughness, grip material, ergonomics, etc. I hope for this to be the definitive D80 feel thread that I feel has been lacking from the forums so far.

-- hide signature --

'Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments that take your breath away.' - A friend

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow