The Dell Lottery-I lost!

Started Sep 18, 2006 | Discussions thread
Motordrive Contributing Member • Posts: 820
Re: The Dell Lottery-I lost!

donhon wrote:

I can’t see how I can send the monitor back. It has no pixel or
backlight leakage problems, looks pretty good really, and Dell
doesn’t specify panel types in their specs.
Guess I’m stuck with it!

Maybe not. You ordered a 2007WFP. You received a 2007WFPb. Technically, that's a different model number. You didn't get what you ordered!

Unfortunately, I think I'm in the same boat. I decided to play the same "lottery," and received my monitor literally moments ago. I haven't turned it on yet, but it's the same "b" model as yours.

BTW, you don't have to look at the fine print on the bottom of the monitor, either. It's also molded in, in pretty big lettering, where the stand attaches.

Before I bother firing this thing up, and verifying the worst, and throwing a hissy-fit at Dell for pulling a fast one, how bad are S-PVA monitors? Is there an option in the sub-$400 class, either conventional 19" or wide-screen 20"? All the other 20" S-IPS wide screens that have been mentioned are, as I remember, much more expensive. Even with it's S-PVA screen, it may still be the best 20" wide screen for under $400?

Thanks for the info, BTW. By the looks of things, you first posted this moments after I ordered my monitor. I'll give Dell one thing - they're fast! They even beet the rest of my system ordered (in pieces) from Newegg!

Oh, and do you mind checking something quick for me? Can I hook up separate computers via the D-sub (sVGA) and DVI-I ports, and switch sources through the on-screen menu? That would mean I can get by with a much less expensive KMV (Keyboard, Mouse, and Video) switch to switch between my old computer, and the digital darkroom machine I'm building.

Thanks again,
--

• Arved

'Take only pictures. Leave only footprints.' - Photographer's creed

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hvu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow