The Dell Lottery-I lost!

Started Sep 18, 2006 | Discussions thread
noisebeam Senior Member • Posts: 2,409
Re: I checked on recently ordered

I think some folks get overly hung up on the technology of the LCD at expense of the results - fueled by technical papers on which technology is better. I've heard report that the 2007 is a fine monitor regardless of LCD type. Also Dell specs the monitor performance (contrast ratio, viewing angle) not how the performance is achieved.

When I unpacked and set up mine last week I was curious what kind it was, but also I didn't want to know as I thought it would influence my perception of what I was seeing.

I did notice that at off angle viewing dark areas of the screen looked red, not black. I had a suspcision that I had the 'inferior' LCD type. But I didn't care as I was happy with the monitor overall (especially at the sub $400 price)

But then I learned from this thread how to check what kind of LCD, I did and was actually quite surprised to find it was the SIPS.
Al

noisebeam's gear list:noisebeam's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 30D Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
hvu
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow