Hands-on: SD700IS vs F30

Started Sep 16, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RetroBlader Contributing Member • Posts: 798
Hands-on: SD700IS vs F30

[Cross-posted in the Fuji Talk forum]

While there have been numerous threads dedicated to the comparison between the Canon SD700IS and the Fujifilm F30, very few offered true side-by-side comparisons. Also, a lot of posts were written by people who owned only one of the two cameras, or people who only played with them in camera stores.

Like many others, I struggled between the two cameras. I finally bought one (I won't say which one), but was unhappy enough after a few days of use that I decided to return it and get the other one instead.

I bought the 2nd one, and I still have a few days before I have to return the 1st one, so for a few days, I have both on hand for side-by-side comparisons.

This thread will begin a series of posts from me, in which I'll cover:

• size/portability/handholdability

• ergonomics/ease of use/things I can't stand

• image quality under different conditions

• other things that may be important in deciding between these two cameras

Yes, I will post images. Yes, I will include 100% crops. Yes, I will try to have some images available for full-size download (need to keep an eye on bandwidth).

Hopefully this series of posts will help those like me trying to decide between the two.

-- hide signature --

http://retroblader.smugmug.com/

If you like my photos, praise the camera. If you don't, blame me (but please tell me how I can improve my photos.)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
alg
Jim
kdd
kdd
kdd
kdd
kdd
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow