D2X shooter loves the D80! (flower pix)

Started Sep 15, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joe Braun
Joe Braun Senior Member • Posts: 1,432
D2X shooter loves the D80! (flower pix)

Hi all -- I'm a happy D2X shooter (it's my favorite camera of all time), but I picked up the D80 to use as a spare/backup camera. All I can say is that I love this little guy! It's everything I could have asked for in a little camera. A few thoughts:

1. Compared to the pro cameras, the D80 feels like a little plastic toy. And I find that quite refreshing! It's much lighter and smaller, and I find myself wanting to grab it as my lazy walk around camera instead of the D2X.

2. D2X image quality is still better (IMO), but I am quite impressed by the color and sharpness of images that the D80 delivers. It definitely benefits from having some really good glass (like the 17-55) in front of it.

3. I laugh when I read the posts arguing passionately for or against the new camera. This camera won't save the world and it won't improve your technique, but it's no piece of junk either. It's a tool that you need to learn how to use, and it is a welcome addition to the Nikon lineup (IMO).

Below are a few test shots I took with the 105mm Micro (non-VR). ISO 200, F11-13, shutter between 125-200mm. Cheers! -Joe

100% crop of the 1st pic. Pretty sharp for a handheld macro shot.

-- hide signature --

Joe Braun Photography
http://www.citrusmilo.com/joe/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow