Ordered m K10 today!

Started Aug 30, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
regken Regular Member • Posts: 391
Ordered m K10 today!

Went into my local camera store today and asked if they knew anything about the upcoming K10. They handed me a flyer the Pentax rep had given them last Friday. It had a few pictures of the unit along with copy outlining the features. I asked what it would take to get one of the first ones that come in and the salesperson said nobody had put up any money for one so the first money would get the first unit. He then mumbled something about money talks and--- well you know the rest. That is when my credit card mysteriously came out of my pocket and landed in front of the clerk. We wrote up the deal and now I am just waiting.

Some of the features listed on the flyer were:
· 10.1 mps
· Li-ion battery
· ISO 100 to 3200

The ISO 100 was a surprise. The talk I have seen on this forum seems to be the Sony sensor has a native ISO of 200. The rep had a sample of the sensor that he was showing and the 3 sales people I was talking to seemed to think it looked like the Sony sensor but how much different can a sensor look to a layman?

The response I got when I asked when they thought I would get the camera was interesting. They said they expected the D80 to show up sometime next summer, the 400D to be in just before Christmas, and the K10 to be in stock about 2 weeks after the announcement. If they are right that would be good for Pentax.

The hardest part of the order was lens selection. After reading all of the posts on this forum I had convinced myself that I should go for prime lenses. It then occurred to me that I have never shot with anything but zooms before. Since my ignorance is only surpassed by my stupidity I decided to take a conservative approach. I ordered the kit lens along with the FA43 LTD. This will give me a chance to see if I want to go all out with primes or buy the new 16-50 zoom when it becomes available.

Since I am a rank amateur, I expect my first photos will be very sub par but will still post some as soon as I get it just so you all have something to comment on. The sales person is going to call the Pentax rep and see if he can get a 16-50 delivered along with the camera. If I hear anything I’ll post it.

Thanks,
Ken

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
wll
ibk
ibk
KSV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow