Proxel Lens Corrector

Started Aug 28, 2006 | Discussions thread
Roland Karlsson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,409
Re: Proxel Lens Corrector

barondla wrote:

I would like to use this with the Pentax DA 10-17 fisheye zoom.

Me too. If I had that lens - you would find some examples on the web pages. I am a wide angle freak. And with a correction software I can get lenses that costs just a fraction of something that is rectilinear. I can even get lenses that is almost impossible to buy at all if I want rectilinear. That was the initial driving force behind writing the software.

I have a non sharp 8 mm fisheye. Looks fun - but a sharp one is on my wish list. Hmmmm ... Sigma makes a nice looking 8 mm. Coolest lens I have seen.

http://www.sigma-photo.co.jp/english/lens/wide/8_35.htm

But ... the 10-17 is actually way cooler. I don't think I can avoid buying it now

It says you have to tell it the focal length. Would you just do a few
of the possible focal lengths on the zoom? Says it doesn't like
raw.

This is the analyzer. And you only have to tell the focal length for old lenses where the camera does not know. And actually - in practice it is OK to not give it and accept the default value 0 for non zooms.

For the corrector you have to tell the focal length if you have an old zoom that does not tell the current focal length. But ... in practice this is quite hopeless. I would not recommend using this tool for this case. Fortunately, there are not so many really good old zooms. Old good lenses ar almost all fixed focal length.

Are all Pentax 6MP bodies the
same or would you have to recalibrate moving from DS to K100D?

They are the same. And if they were not - there is a recalculation JavaScript tool avalable in the manual. You only have to know the width of the sensors.

-- hide signature --
 Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sony RX100 III Pentax K-3 Pentax K-1 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
pog
pog
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow