D60 - not rumor!!!

Started Dec 31, 2001 | Discussions thread
David Birkin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,022
where did it all go wrong?

hi all,

there are very few of us whom have been here since day one. how many can actually remember the day that phil made this forum and asked "us" to move the SLR talk over? i believe this has resulted in some of us "growing up" together, we have no got over that stage of "is this lens any good". we can make our own mind, so no longer ask the question.

DavidP wrote:

Keep up that wishing, and I'll nominate you to be moderator.

this has been discussed at length off-list, though i do not think it would make any difference. one cannot delete someones "what do u think to the 28-135IS?" post just because it has been posted many times before. if i were mod. i'd lock the thread, posting a message that the person in question might consider doing a search. That said, there's nothing wrong in expressing new opinions and ideas.

And remember, if all the good folks leave, what'll be left?

so many have gone already. there used to be many ppl here whom i really respected, now there are only a few. it's a sad state of affairs, but that's life.

i do think it might help if phil had a "no rumour" rule, and locked offending threads. but then what would we write about? photography...heaven forbid.

as for person attacks, phil takes them seriously, if brought to his attention.

take care.

-- hide signature --

.ICQ Canon EOS activelist 136431230---BreezeBrowser RAW conversion times http://www.davidbirkin.com

David Birkin's gear list:David Birkin's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JC
Joo
Joo
JC
JC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow