D60 - not rumor!!!

Started Dec 31, 2001 | Discussions thread
OP Peter Gregg Veteran Member • Posts: 4,753
Re: D60 - not rumor!!!

POSTER: Most of my client work (except for families) has been done on the D30 since October. As a result, my Christmas portrait season carried well in to December for new sessions. The final week also produced some pigmented ink (jet - Epson 5500) prints for clients. I have posted several images in Pro Competition - all D30. here's another....

SITE OWNER: Sweet simple picture of brother and sister. Slightly overposed, but nice. Clothing/costumes are cute and handled well. When photographing siblings, my "thing" that I learned is always to have the heights of the sisters and brothers according to ages.

Thus, the older sister would be the taller person in the picture, instead of her yournger brother. Lighting is very simple and does the job.

Glad you're enjoying your D30. I love mine, too. Yes, digital was fantastic for Christmas giving. Certainly, it shortened delivery time!
I'm interested in the Epson 5500, myself. That'll probably be my next purchase.

POSTER: The 5500 is nice! I went with the 2000P as it is smaller and I find the prints look better IMO. If you want to move the printer around get a 2000P, the 5500 is just too heavy to be portable.

I have heard rumors that in February we will be getting our socks knocked off with the new technology in inkjets. Some of the hints that I have heard is 7 or 8 colors(suppose to be looking at a two black system, standard and a grey), also have heard that they are looking at a new print head technology. I cannot wait. Mike

POSTER: My 5500 will just be paid for by then, and it will become an antique??? It is a heavy duty production level machine that delivers prints quite quickly. I thought the 5500 was the printer used in the Epson Gemini system slated for deliveries commencing in January?

POSTER: Yes, 2 - 5500's are used. Seeing that it takes months(years if you are Kodak) to get sytems out like the Gemini if there are new printers then we should see them in the Gemini in a year or two after they hit the market. What I have been told is that the Gemini is leased so you would be able to upgrade as time goes on. I know what you mean about getting it paid off as it becomes an antique. Half my studio is that way, I should open a museum next door dedicated to photography, maybe then I would have a use for all the extra out of date equipment.

SITE OWNER: All the new things will be shown at the PMA show in Orlando in February. I'll be introducing the D60 there for Canon. If you can still find a D30, now is the time to snap one up. I love it!

POSTER: XXXXXX, please tell us about the new D60, if you can. Why won't you be using the new 1D from Canon. Thanks, Ernst

POSTER: D60??? Could this mean that I can dust off the Canon gear for a good digital??? I was not happy with the 1D, I understand why they went this route but it was a step back from where I am now. I will have to look into this one? PMA is where the announcement is to be made for the improvements to the inkjets as well as the new S1(2) or whatever it will be. This is looking like one of the better PMA's for the photographer, and I will be sitting in freezing weather a few thousand miles away. Oh well, I will be getting the updates from PMA E-mailed to me, I will read them in the hot tub so it seems like I am there.

SITE OWNER: It's not for me to make any announcements about the new camera. I just know that now is the time to pick up what's remaining out there of the D30's. It's been GREAT for me. When I get the details on the D60, I'll pass them on to you. Canon's 1D has features that are not what I necessarily need for me. It's perfect for photojournalism, sports, etc.

This PMA show will be the best EVER! XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and I will be demonstrating the new D60 camera there.

So much progress in the industry now, it's unbelievable! I'm thrilled to be around to see everything developing as quickly as it is. Those who are standing on the sidelines hoping that this is just a "phase" had better wake up to reality. This IS the future of image creation!

Remember, however, that digital does NOT rely only on digital cameras. I'm still believing that my Hasselblads are NOT out of style. One can create images still on film and then scan them into your computers for digital retouching.

POSTER: Is this something like letting the cat out of the bag.... It had been rumored earlier this year that Canon was working on two professional cameras. One is now available with lots of improvements and a few problems. This is the first I've heard about the D60 - I'll be anxiously awaiting the details. I was about ready to consider the DCS 760 that a lot of photographers in my area are snapping up.
End of thread.

Peter Gregg's gear list:Peter Gregg's gear list
Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Panasonic GH5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JC
Joo
Joo
JC
JC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow