D60 - not rumor!!!

Started Dec 31, 2001 | Discussions thread
OP Peter Gregg Veteran Member • Posts: 4,753
Re: D60 - not rumor!!!

Here is the dilema I am faced with. A lot of you are real nice guys and we can argue, banter and learn from each other. On the other hand, a lot of folks here can be rude, obnoxious and demanding. I am not saying who is who because I don't want to offend - especially on New Years!

For the reasons that I said, and the site I am referring to is where I learn and take lessons, I don't want to give the site to have brutes go over there in full force. I don't think it would be right for me to do that out of respect to the folks over there. There are some folks who frequent it that are here too by the way. I notice that they too refrain from directing folks there. This site (Dpreview) can generate a LOT of bandwidth, plus some of the hostilities that go with it.

Now, if I were in your shoes I know I would want to know where the h*ll it is, so here is my solution:)

First, I will put the interaction below so you can read it for yourself. Second, you can pick somebody you trust besides me and I will let them verify it for you.

Remember what I posted originally, so things can stay straight and not get distorted. I am in the same boat as you and want information too. The info so far is: Canon has hired my teacher or professional "coach" to be one of the 2 people who will demonstrate the "D60" at the PMA show. The show will be in Feb in Orlando Florida. This guy is a very HIGHLY respected photographer in the USA and very much sought after for sessions, lectures ect. Here are the posts where he says he has been hired by Canon. There is other banter going on, but for those that won't even believe their own mothers, I put the whole thing in verbatum for you. Since the post together with this one is long, I will post the thread in a second post:

Peter Gregg's gear list:Peter Gregg's gear list
Nikon D800E Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Panasonic GH5
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JC
Joo
Joo
JC
JC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow