D70 gets lost in the post

Started Aug 8, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nurgles:P Senior Member • Posts: 1,408
D70 gets lost in the post

I have been through a bit of a saga recently. I had one of the early release D70 camera kits. I was always a bit concerned that BGLOD may show up and after about 2 years and 9000 odd photos it did.

Fortionately it was winter, I was buisy at work, not really that eager to get out to take photos and it would be repaired quickly under warenty. So camera gets boxed up and sent off for repair. It was then successfully repaired and sent back to me. Thats when the courier delivered it to some other house and left it at their door without getting a signature....

Waiting, waiting, where the hell is my camera? I have since bought a 2nd hand 300mm f2.8 with 1.4x and 2x teleconverters that i want to try out!

so after numerous phone calls, the insurance claim came through and this morning i received my brand new D70s replacement.

so here is my first test with the 300mm f2.8, handheld at 1/125 sec (yes i know, not another cat pic)

-- hide signature --

mostly snapshots with the occasional photo that i am 'almost' happy with:
http://imageevent.com/the_yattering

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow