Zenitar 16 FE- presentation and samples

Started Mar 18, 2006 | Discussions thread
Quiver New Member • Posts: 5
Newbie Question

Hi all, total newb here and was hoping you gurus could provide me some insight onto my following dilemma.

Ii'm considering on getting the DL kit and fitting it with a Sigma 10-20mm($650au). But then i saw the Zenitar on ebay for less than a thrid of the price ($200Au) and seeing that both can shoot very wide, I've become hesitant on which to purchase.

From what i can gather, one is rectilinear and the other is fisheye, and seeing some comparisons, the fish eye appears to distort significantly more around the edges. Im also aware of the opinion that the Zen is the best value for money but seeing that the Sigma is within my budget, which should i opt for?

Then again, my budget is rather tight and if I do go for the Zen, i could use the spare cash to get the FA50 f1.4 and "maybe" even a sigma 70-300mm macro for a little extra.

BTW how would you rate a general kit with the 18-55 kit lens, Z fisheye, 50mm f1.4 and Sigma70-300. Is there any redundancy in that?

Your feedback would be invaluable and much appreciated. Thanks!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow