5D for sports/children

Started Jul 27, 2006 | Discussions thread
Rlee Forum Member • Posts: 87
Re: 5D for sports/children

Re: 5D and sports. One thing that is sometimes overlooked with the 5D and sports is the full frame.

The full frame allows me to see more area of the action(at least for me) than the cropped cameras I use. This is a nice feature when deciding what area of the action to shoot.

I have used a Nikon D1H, Canon's D30, Rebel XT and now the 5D to shoot sports. Actually all work for the kind of sports I shoot for our local newspaper is considered basic by many, I'm sure.

But that full frame just makes me feel so much more in control of the composition of the picture as I can see more of the action up front.

I haven't had the opportunity to use a 1D family camera and they are wonderful(but also bulky/heavy also I hear) cameras.

Posted today only 7/27 is an action shot that I took with the 5D. Pretty basic but still works for what I do.

http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/sports/

Rlee's gear list:Rlee's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow