Breeze Systems DSLR Remote Pro v1.2

Started Jun 25, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gilo Junior Member • Posts: 30
Breeze Systems DSLR Remote Pro v1.2

I have downloaded the trial version of DSLR Remote Pro.

When I connect my Canon 20D to the laptop (I use a Sony Vaio with Windows XP home edition) with the USB cable provided by Canon the connection works. However my use of the Breeze Browser DSLR Remote Pro is exclusively to be able to view images in the laptop while I am shooting them with my camera in the studio. To this end, I necessarily need to use a USB extension cable of 5 metres which allows me to move around the studio while shooting and remain connected to the laptop at the same time. Unfortunately when I use the extension cable the connection becomes extremely erratic. The error message I get most of the time is 'USB device not recognized...' It did work a few times, but most of the times the connection between the camera and the laptop cannot be established.

I know this has nothing to do with the DSLR Remote Pro itself, but since the system has been designed for a USB connection and since such connection seems to be the problem, I wonder if anybody has any suggestions on how to ensure that the connection can be established consistently. I am not aware whether Canon produces a longer USB cable without the need for an extension or whether other solutions can be possible.I
Grateful for any help.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow