A2 EVF Problem....Suggestions Appreciated!!...

Started May 29, 2006 | Discussions thread
OP Ransom Veteran Member • Posts: 3,067
UPDATE!!! Problem Identified!!.....

When attempting to put the viewfinder bottom cover back on, I noticed how Extremely Tight everything is crammed in there!. Checking out the cover, I realized how VERY SHARP the corners are that actually ride against the ribbon cable. In the following photo, the highlighted part is Precisely where the tear in the cable is!

I feel confident this is what actually CAUSED the problem to begin with! Since my camera was already apart, and is well out of warranty, I used a small file and did an extreme roundover along ALL of the sharp edges. There is enough plastic there to do this..The following photo is quite ugly, but it shows my point!

I will go back with some fine grit sandpaper to smooth it up a bit. I just thought this might be some interesting info!!

I am NOT recommending to anyone to try this as a precaution. Like I said, mine was already apart and out of warranty, so I had nothing to lose!.. But if you do, ( ;-)' ), Keep in mind that you DO NOT have to remove the rubber eyepeice!!

-- hide signature --

Cheers! Robert..

'Sometimes it's the Medicine itself that Makes the Pain' - Del Amitri

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow