d50 - "normal" vs "none"???
I haven't looked at the in camera settings for sharpness in awhile, but in Nikon Capture the settings are as follows (for Raw images):
I think this represents the same options available in the camera for Jpegs, and as you can see, any amount of sharpening is sharper than none. On the other hand, if you set the camera settings to none and sharpen your image in PS it's possible to get better results than any of the in camera settings if you're proficient at that sort of thing.
Personally, my camera is set to low and I apply additional sharpening in PS. Not that I consider myself to be proficient at this sort of thing, mind you!
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%