Sigma 18-50 EX DC, not too shabby at all.

Started May 29, 2006 | Discussions thread
OP ben805 Regular Member • Posts: 370
Re: Sigma 18-50 EX DC, not too shabby at all.

I took some outdoor pictures with the Sigma this morning and at noon, wanted to see the resolution efficiency of this lens so I took mostly lenscape at 17mm, 35mm, and 50mm, the result isn't as great for this type of shooting, the left corner is much softer than the right corner, far subject like trees are blurry, corner softness and CA are worst at F2.8 across the entire focal range, stop it down to F5.6~F8 help reducing CA, but it's still very noticeable, softness are still pretty bad. LOL Well, for outdoor group shot this Sigma lens ain't going to cut it, for portraiture it's great but I have two other lens for that duty already. The upgrade bug really bit hard, so I'd packed up this lens and went back to the camera shop, and exchanged it for the new Canon 17-55 2.8 IS.....hehe, will have to let my daughter do the modeling again when I get home from work tonight, and test it outdoor some other time.
--
Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/ben805

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow