phoenix 650-1300

Started May 3, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bad Pic kev Veteran Member • Posts: 8,759
phoenix 650-1300

i got an email asking about it. so i shot with it today. here are 4

this is the jea lookout tower. its about 1.5 - 2 miles away. at 650mm. i cheat on the exposures. i set the bigma to f8 and f9+ to guess the manual setting. hey it works.

the sushi house. this suffers from a lack of focus. the focus ring on the lens move a total of 45-50 degrees. its also at about 1000-1200mm. lots of shake involved. there was decent wind. i need to mount the lens and camera to one plate. also not the blown portion of the logo.

her we have the 11 bay st building. you have decent color and details. this is about 1-1.25 miles away. notice the chroma on the windowsills and the bridge.

here we havethe front and side of the bank of america building. the focus was on the side. when you get it in focus its about an average lens. you can see decent detail 4 blocks back. total distance is about 1-2+ miles. and for kevin in england. yes the sky is still a pale blue.

if you are looking for a fair to average play lens this is it. its a t mount lens so it will not meter on a fuji. its about as big as a 500-600mm nikon. the back slides rear for the increased zoom. its a fixed apature lens. i really think its a tele that was converted to a lens. it is almost unsuable with a 2X.
--
Now I'm lookin' at a flashback Sunday
Zoom lens feelings just won't disappear
Close-up darkroom sweet-talk in my ear
This freeze-frame moment can't be wrong

Bad Pic kev's gear list:Bad Pic kev's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow