Event Photographers: Do you know Peter Wolf?

Started Mar 7, 2006 | Discussions thread
event-photos Regular Member • Posts: 236
Re: Event Photographers: Do you know Peter Wolf?

Whilst I agree in principal with the previous poster I do take a different stance based on some experience of legal matters.

The problem as I see it is that although it is the patent holders responcibility to prove his case against you, you still have to defend the action, this can be expensive, is certainly time consuming and has the added poison of whilst you are defending this action you will not be concentrating on your business.

Have any cases been brought before the US courts of this guy defending his patent?

I have read the patent quickly and as I see it I do not use the system he describes but that may not prevent him from having a pop at me!

It is in our best interest to see if we can prove "Prior Art" existed before the date he applied for the patent. Based on the fact he has linked event photographers using both film and digital there may be guys who used a similar system before.

Spread the word to any other event photographers and see if between us we prove "Prior Art" this would render his patent useless and it can then be revoked.

Any other ideas anyone?

Best regards

Ian Griffiths

http://www.event-photos.co.uk

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HPW
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow