The Famous Chicken Roundabout......

Started Feb 26, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lionheart321 Contributing Member • Posts: 807
The Famous Chicken Roundabout......

Bungay in Suffolk is an ancient Anglo-Saxon market town. It is famous for its "Chicken Roundabout". A roundabout in England is a circular junction where several roads meet, traffic entering giving way to that already on it.

This particular roundabout has had, for several decades at least, a colony of wild chickens which live in the undergrowth. There are several dozen, a variety of breeds and they are very tame. I guess they are fed by the locals who are very attached to them. They are totally fearless, adept at avoiding traffic and I have yet to see one dead in the road.

I thought I'd better get some images in the can as with bird flu knocking at our door and a "government" about to cull everything that lives, rather than vaccinate (against most expert advice incidentally - it looks like a re-run of the national disgrace and shame world-wide they caused in the recent foot and mouth epidemic) the Bungay chickens days are severely numbered. No doubt all will be killed very soon. Given a choice of culling chickens or government ministers, I wonder who most would choose..........

Lionheart

Dragons slain, trolls hung, drawn & quartered, (this is a completely free public service), witches burnt at the stake, serfs freed, maidens rescued, crusades fought, moats dug, sieges mounted, armour de-rusted, swords sharpened, boils lanced, teeth pulled, night soil collected, scolds bridled, outlaws hunted, virgins deflowered - call for free estimate.
NEW SERVICE.........Ducks Plucked - One groat per feather

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow