WINNERS DPR Macro Challenge #29: LADYBUGS

Started Jan 30, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Einstein333
Einstein333 Senior Member • Posts: 1,841
WINNERS DPR Macro Challenge #29: LADYBUGS

First of all thanks a lot for all the fantastic entries (50 alltogehter)!! There were so many georgeous pictures that it was really really (!!) hard to choose the winners. But it had to be done and here they are:

Honorable mention #3: "Ladybug Face" By Rudiman

Very good detail and a nice capture, Rudiman!

Honorable mention #2: "Ladybug in flight" by Jody Melanson

I've tried to take pictures of bugs in flight myself with little succes and I know how hard that is! The sun shining through the ladybugs wings makes this picture really special! Well done, Jody!

Honrable mention #1: "It's a long journey" by arbil

The framing and the smooth back- and foreground of this picture are just hard to beat and it fits perfectly its title! Great capture, arbil!

And now: The first two places!

2nd place: "redandblack" by M-A-R-K

Really fantastic framing, beautiful and very well satured colors, very good detail and perfect DOF! Congrats of this one, Mark!

AND THE WINNER IS:

1st place: "Mildew Ladybug taking off" by Edwin bont

Edwin, this is one of the very best macro shots I've ever seen! The beautiful colors of the ladybug make it stand out from the rest of the picture! But nevertheless it's the fantastic surrounding and background that make this picture so very special and unique! As someone mentioned in the pbase forum: It looks like something beautiful out of a fairy tale!

Congrats to all the winners!!

Edwin, it's up to you now to take care of the next challenge!

-- hide signature --

Visit my photo gallery: http://www.retomueller.ch

Einstein333's gear list:Einstein333's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow