"Monitoring" Autofocus on the R1?
Hello everyone! I'm new here, owner of a R1 and quite happy with it... There is one thing that I don't understand though: there is a "single" AF mode and there is a "monitoring" AF mode, which keeps "pre-focussing" - however, as soon as I press the shutter halfway down, the AF will - no matter wheter I'm in monitoring or single mode, focus all over the place before finally getting the subject focused. In other words: I see no advantage in using the "monitoring" mode AT ALL.
Am I missing something?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%