Problem Downloading from FZ5
I've had an FZ5 for some time and am very pleased with it.
My father in law has now also bought one but is having difficulties downloading images to his PC. The problem is compounded by the fact he isn't a computer expert and I'm doing long distance telephone support across the Irish sea!
Anyway, the usb driver has installed OK, the computer sees the camera as a removable drive, fine. When he tries to download picture sfile to his PC by dragging and dropping, a couple of files will come over OK but then the PC will hang completely and the only way out is to reboot. The file it hangs on isn't always the same one. The same hang occurs if you try and use the supplied panasonic software or picasa to transfer images.
The PC is a rather old spec:
Windows 98 SE v 4.10.2222A
Intel Celeron Processor
USB: VIA Tech
I've got an old PC here with almost exactly the same spec (apart from the USB interface make, and a bit more memory) and it works fine.
Anyone get any ideas, or had a similar experience?
Other than a new PC, these are my thoughts:
1. Try a cheap multi-card reader - this might work??
2. Put in more memory 64Mb, sounds low by modern standards, but would it hang?
3. Try and find any known USB/ W98 SE issues and update drivers?
Many thanks for any help,
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4