R1 question ...

Started Jan 11, 2006 | Discussions thread
Mischa Bronstring Contributing Member • Posts: 746
Re: R1 question ...

I've read everywhere that the burst mode is so dissapointing with the R1, and I have to agree that my small P150 performs better in terms of number of frames taken (5) before writing to the memory card.

BUT: since having my R1, I've used the burst mode for taking portrait pictures of my 4 years old son, who probably is the hardest to portrait subject I know: he's blind, and, like most blind people, he has the tendency to shake his head a lot. Also, his eyes usually are in rather strange positions (he moves them very quickly, a bit like a seeing person following a tennis match).

However, using the R1 and shooting in burst mode, I've been able to take around 10 really beautiful pictures of him, some of them in non-optimal light conditions (using ISO400, with a shutter speed of around 1/40). By shooting a complete memory card of 512MB, I've been able to make a nice selection of fine shots. I haven't felt like having to wait for the camera at any moment.

So, in my opinion: technically the burst mode is dissapointing, but in practice, I'm very pleased with it!

Mischa

Mischa Bronstring's gear list:Mischa Bronstring's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Olympus XZ-1 Ricoh GR Digital IV +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow