New Lens and some trivia

Started Jan 6, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JensR Forum Pro • Posts: 17,694
New Lens and some trivia

Hi!

Following the new LBA "rule" to immediately post an image shot with the new lens, here are my two:

Exposure values for both
Exposure time: 1/180 (TTL Flash)
F-stop: 4
ISO speed: 200

So, what happened? No PS tricks, no post-processing except resize and USM on both. Look at the changed DOF.

So

Yeah, you maybe guessed it, my Hartblei Super-Rotator Tilt-Shift 80mm/2.8 lens arrived today. Man this thing is a humongous piece of metal and glass. Build quality is good, but every movement except the manual aperture feels like steering a russian truck! I hope it gets a little bit less tight.
I attached it to my Vivitar macro focusing converter and shot the above pics.

Here it is without converter, directly mounted on my DS:

It can be mounted on the DS without problems. Tilting and shifting is done via rings, similar to a focus or aperture ring. Both actions can be rotated 360° infinitely. But if the Tilt mechanism is rotated into the 12 o'clock position (horizontal axis for tilt downwards), the prism/flash housing makes reaching the lock difficult. It is the silver thing left of the "Shift" lettering. You need to press this lock to be able to super-rotate the Tilt mechanism. The Shift Mechanism (perspective correction) as its own lock, its the black thing below the "X" of the Pentax badge.

Currently, we (Mr. SuperRot, Mr. MFTC and me) are on the prowl to find some cooperating bugs. That'll teach them what DoF really is!

Cheers
Jens

-- hide signature --

Member of LBA (Lens Buyers Anonymous), M-fourty-two section
'LBA knows no bounds, and seeks no justification...' (Jim King, 2005)
http://www.jr-worldwi.de/photo/index.html - Photography, Tech and Geek stuff :}
'Why is everyone answering rhetorical questions?' (Me, 2005)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow