Vague s9000 negativity

Started Jan 1, 2006 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Lunatic59 Regular Member • Posts: 397
Vague s9000 negativity

It's time again for me to upgrade my camera and I am ALMOST sure that the s9000 is for me. I have owned several cameras over the course of my digital life including an early dSLR [Minolta MD-175] and several Fuji's. I have also had the opportunity to use several other brands including Canon, Panasonic and Kodak. Overall, i am most happy with the results from my Fuji's which is why i am seriously looking at the 9000. I have, of course, read many reveiw on several sites and browsed through recent threads which have been rather cough opinionated. During the course of my research there have been two recurring points that trouble me, yet i have never been able to find the statistical data on them. First, that there is a greater number of "defective" s9000's on the market than other camera's and secondly, that there is an increasing number of dissatisfied customers. Had I only seen these topics in one or two threads, i would have dismissed them as anectdotal or reactionary, however i have seen them enough to cause me concern every time i go to hit the "add to basket" button.

I do know the limitations of the camera and am fully ready for the higher than P&S learning curve. I accept the noise at high ISO settings and the possibility of needing to dive into layers of menu options to change a simple setting. What attracted me to this camera was foremost my experience with the quality of images I got from my other Fuji's plus the sync connection [i usually travel with several monolights triggered from a slave]

Could anyone point me to any statistics on the frequency of s9000 lemons? And, where are the ever-increasing negative reviews alluded to in the threads? If they exist, i'd like to read them to determin if they are valid for my type of shooting.

Thanks in advance.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow