Putting the constant D200 complaints to rest.

Started Dec 28, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PatrickStephen Contributing Member • Posts: 573
Putting the constant D200 complaints to rest.

I just wanted to point out to anyone who has purchased a D200 (myself included) or anyone thinking about getting one. There are some topics floating around that I believe not valid. First, when I hear people saying they are glad they waited and didn't get the "beta" version of this camera it drives me crazy. Does everyone think Nikon put this camera together in 10 minutes, boxed them up and sent them out? It's like my friends who say they are waiting to purchase a new model car until the following year when all the "bugs" have been worked out of them, not realizing that the car manufacture had been testing that car for the last 5 years in desert, blizzard, and real world condtions "before" it's release. Your not getting a "Beta" camera you are getting something that took some people much time and effort to put together. Yes there are going to be bugs with every camera but no more then with any other camera that's already been out for some time. I purchased a brand new D70 for my nephew after it had already been out for quite some time and already had gone through firmware updates and supposed issues resolved which ended up being defective and replaced for another one. There is nothing wrong with the first version in my opinion. Your guaranteed to have problems with the 1st 2nd and 3rd generation of anything. So please just go get your camera and stop worrying!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow