Tamron 90mm focus issue

Started Dec 23, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonesy101 New Member • Posts: 5
Tamron 90mm focus issue

Hi,

Ive been reading these forums for some time now and found the people here very helpful! So, I've come into some trouble and need some good advice.

A few months ago I bought a Tamron 90mm sp di macro lens, I returned the lens as I thought it had a focus issue. Problem is I received a new one today, only to find it has the exact same issue. It simply refuses to lock focus 50+ percent of the time. It tends to hunt slightly, back and forth and quickly gives up on subjects my other lenses focus on no problem. (other lenses: pentax 28-80, sigma 70-300 and a tamron 28-75. all focus fine) body is a ist DS. I don't use AF on macro's but for other things, and resale value I'd like to have AF working correctly.

I'm not sure wether it's the lens or the camera at fault. I'm pretty sure the last 90mm focused fine on my old SFX, I dont have it with me to test this one. Unfortunately my DS is just out of warranty. I don't know wether to try get the lens returned? or the body fixed.... as the problem has been around while the camera was under warranty.

thanks in advance for any help.....

Mark.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow