Canon SD550 - E18 and LCD cracked problems

Started Dec 17, 2005 | Discussions thread
OP manojb New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Canon SD550 - E18 and LCD cracked problems

Yes, thats good news. Actually I'm developing the idea that Canon people recognized the LCD problem and quickly released the same camera with reinforced lcd (officially accepting the problem could cause serious problems for the company).....so I'm also hoping that lcd problem is no more......

How about E18 error? I seem to have heard about this problem with SD550 and even S2-IS (although mine is working fine as of yet - touch wood)......

Seems E18 is the biggest issue with Canon these days.....earlier it was observed to be pevalent with Canon's older models but now its heard about new SD cameras too.....

If E18 happens just with normal use and when powering on/off the cam with low battery and Canon has not fixed it then any lower quality model that can shut itself down properly will do........

Has anyone had thie E18 problem with SD550? How severe is it?

Also, can SD550 users tell me if they take some special precautions while handling the camera? How does it take the rough everyday use?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow