Pentax DS and TWO external flashes - Help

Started Dec 3, 2005 | Discussions thread
racehorse in the desert Veteran Member • Posts: 4,103
Here is your Contrast Control test (8 imgs.)

Davdav, here is your test. Not the best subject material but I think it will give you what you want. All images: DS, Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 at 63mm (simulating wedding portraiture), ISO 400. P mode; the camera chose 1/90 sec at f4. Shot raw, some PP but mostly just color adjust and exposure to try to get them to look even. Disregard the tonal differences. Note: Some tended toward overexposure, so if I were doing this as a practice I would keep an eye on the LCD and histogram (good idea anyway). They were shot horizontal and then cropped vertical.

1. 1. Straight AF360 flash, on camera.

1. 2. Two AF360s, one on camera, one on stand, wireless mode, the one on the camera set to M mode at -3 stops exposure.

1. 3. Two AF360s, one on camera, one on stand, wireless mode, the one on the camera set to M mode at -1 stop exposure. This looks better than #2 and is a workable setup.

1. 4. Two AF360s, one on camera, one on stand, wireless mode, the one on the camera set to C (controller mode). No output from the on-camera flash. Not good.

1. 5. Two AF360s, one on camera, one on stand, wireless mode, the one on the camera set to M mode and the remote flash on Contrast Control mode. This is the wrong set-up and does not work.

1. 6. Two AF360s, one on camera, one on stand, wireless mode, the one on the camera set to M mode and the one on the camera set to Contrast Control mode. This is the best Control Contrast combination.

1. 7. One AF360 on camera with a Lumiquest softbox mounted on it. (This is my normal wedding setup)

1. 8. One AF360 on camera with a Stofen Omnibounce mounted on it at 90 degrees. (A little harsher shadow than the Lumiquest)

-- hide signature --

John Power
Racehorse in the Desert

Useful Links to Past Pentax Forum Threads and some Exceptional Images are at: http://www.solutns.com/pages/pentaxforum.html

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow