First Pictures with D70 (brooklyn bridge)

Started Nov 26, 2005 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Charles Peifer Contributing Member • Posts: 514
First Pictures with D70 (brooklyn bridge)

After reading the reviews I was going to get the D50 but after reading through the forum I went with the D70s. I am very happy I did. Here are my first pictures with D70s and the kit lens. (note- first pictures outdoors; not of my living room or computer desk)

Actual these are my first pictures with any type of Digital SLR. I still need to read the manual- have yet to open it beyond reading what to do with battery for the first time. The controls are easy to understand. I just installed the Nikon software last night and played with the computer USB control of the D70 for a few moments. That was neat.

The pictures from the park were taken the night after the pictures from the bridge so cloud cover is different. It was very cold in the park. I only took a few pictures.

I shot in RAW and used Photoshop after downloading their latest RAW plug-in.

I still need to read about what is the prefered method of sharpening the D70 images. I may undersharpened some and oversharpened others. I have the images uploaded to the Walmart Photo Service and hope to pick them up tomorrow so I can have a better idea then.

5 Pictures Total: http://www.yellowecho.com/travel/brooklyn_bridge_01.html

No cropping on the photos (except for straighting the buildings so a few pixels were taken off)

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow